Saturday, June 18, 2011

Happy Father's Day Tay

Dearest Tatay,

Happy Father's Day to you Tatay. Just want you to know how grateful I am to have you as my father. I am still amazed how you and Nanay raised 8 of us despite challenges in life. I could still remember how you thrived in earning money to feed us. I wouldn't be what I am now and what I will become had it not for your perseverance and sacrifices. 

My graduation in high school has been very challenging to you because I will pursue my college education. It remains fresh in my mind how eager I was to enroll but there was apprehensions on your part on how to support me financially. It brought me to tears because I know the economic situation we are in. After deciding that I will take the entrance exam at Mindanao State University, Marawi City (MSU), the problem intensified as to where can we have the money for my trip. Then, you opened your "alkansiya" (piggybank) so I could go to MSU. Thank God it was good enough for the trip, entrance exam fees, board and lodging and other expenses in 1 month. Those hard earned money brought me to MSU where my dreams were further shaped and strengthened. Thank God for the university with a very cheap tuition fee and a place where everything is highly affordable. It is for this reason that I admire you the most. You were hopeful that my journey would be fruitful with the help of my brother and sister who were equally willing to support me throughout my student life. Thank God for my brother and sister. I had one goal then, to finish my course within four-year time so I could find a job and help our family.
As the youngest of the 8 siblings, "homesickness" was the greatest struggle I had to face and everytime I can talk with Nanay through PLDT, I burst into tears because I miss being with you and I was worried then who will accompany you at home. There was even an instance when you requested Nanay to fetch me at MSU and continue my studies near our place. Thanks to Brian - one of my best friends who convinced me not to go home prior to my Nanay's arrival in MSU. More gratitude to you Nanay for heeding my decision of not going home with you. But tears further flooded when you returned home. huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhu... This is just a parcel of everything I went through and I am just thankful for all the struggles.  *
To you Tatay and Nanay, no words can express how happy and thankful I am to have you in my life. Continue your hopes for me and for our family that one day we will experience great happiness. I pray to God that He will give you both good health so I can share with you the achievement of my dreamed successes and let you experience how beautiful life is. From the depths of my heart, thank you so much whatever it is... You are loved... As I end this letter, tears joined me to express what I really feel. Salamat salamat salamat salamat...

May God bless us all.

Your youngest son,
Richard




P.S. You can click this link to know how my life in MSU went until I succeeded. http://neorichcel.blogspot.com/search/label/Education

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wordpress Theme | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates | free samples without surveys