Tuesday, August 30, 2011

THANK YOU LORD FOR THE HOPE :-)

Dream… Believe… Survive

Dream… Believe… Survive

These are three of the proven ways to achieve success. These are actions that successful men and women have portrayed. And these are powerful affirmations that I want to follow.
Good afternoon fellow toastmasters and guests…

Success is a very precious word. It is something that every man on earth wants to achieve. But the question is, How do we get there from where we are now. Again, How do we get there from where we are now.

Allow me to share with you these three simple steps that I learned from reading motivational books, listening from successful individuals and living the example.

First is to DREAM BIG. Dreaming is a process of setting goals, an awareness of what it is that you want and the foundation of great fortunes.

According to Robert Kiyosaki, the author of the famous Rich Dad Poor Dad Series, one has to write his goals because if these are not written, they become mere wishes which can hardly come true. Bo Sanchez further added that when you write your dreams, forces of nature will work in your favour. It’s as if the universe will conspire to make your dreams come true. This facilitates visualization of dreams; that is to say, seeing yourself successful and having everything you want. Moreover, John Assaraf has consistently shared his story of becoming rich. He used to have a collection of photos showing mansions, money, cars and everything he wanted to have. He kept viewing it and later on in life, he became very rich and famous as a successful entrepreneur and motivational speaker.

Here is an example of a vision board and I also have a video presentation reflecting my dreams in life. I am indeed hopeful that one day, I will achieve all these. As one adage says “A man with a dream will never be denied.”
Photo Credit: Google.com
Second is to Believe in Yourself and Have Faith in God.

You have to believe in yourself when no one else does. That’s what makes you a winner, says Venus Williams, an Olympic gold medallist. Try to be confident. It may be hard at times, but it will be fulfilling. I used to be a shy-type of person in my high school and college days. I never raised a question to my instructors and never ever volunteered for class recitation unless needed when grades are at stake.

I have gained self-confidence because of my dream of becoming rich, significant and successful. I wouldn’t be where I am now if I remained hesitant. For instance, last July 19, 2011, I happened to join a club meeting in Singapore after our educational tour there. I was reluctant at first to join the table topics. The voice within told me to participate and thank God, I was able to deliver my answer so well that I was awarded as “Best in Table Topics.” I didn’t expect it because the winner is determined by the highest number of votes from those who attended and all of them are Singaporeans. Thank God I made it. 

If you have a lot of limiting beliefs because you are conscious of what others may think of you, perish the thought. I like Dr. Daniel Amen’s 18/40/60 rule. When you’re 18, you are so conscious of how you appear to other people. When you’re 40, you don’t give a damn what anybody’s thinking of you and when you’re 60, you will realize that nobody’s been thinking about you at all. So quit worrying of what other people may say about you. They are too busy thinking of what you might think about them.

Another important lesson is that you should keep your faith in God no matter what happens. The divine intervention is so powerful that will make you stronger, braver and hopeful. If you are a bit frightened, ask God for guidance and you will be amazed how you handle your fears successfully.

And finally, the third step is: Survive the Test. In moments of unbearable trials, just keep going. Donald Trump always says, “never give up. Never ever ever give up.” The moment you lose focus is the moment that you will dwell into problems. Focus on the solution and never on the problem.

There has been a series of challenges that I face and everytime I wanted to quit, I am reminded of my aspirations in life, my family and my faith in God.

We should remember that Fortune goes to those who take massive actions. This is a bit demanding but this is the plausible way to make things happen. Excuses are not acceptable. Just do things that will make you successful.

Indeed, success is a matter of choice. Choose to be successful or the other way around. It is simply a progressive realization of a worthy ideal, a combination of baby and giant steps towards greatness.

Let me ask, does everyone in this hall want to be successful? So, all of us, regardless of age and status, will dream big, believe in one’s self and have faith in God as well survive the test.

Dream… Believe… Survive…

Good afternoon.  


(Speech delivered during Toastmasters International meeting @ Cagayan de Oro City)

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

This is a great speech! I wish my grandchildren would read it! May all of your dreams come true!
Dorothy

I am Neorichcel said...

Hi Ms. Dorothy.

Thank you for spending time to read this post. Thank you also for the appreciation and for wishing me good luck. God bless you and your family. :-)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wordpress Theme | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates | free samples without surveys