Thursday, September 15, 2011

One Chance: One Great Philippine Festival to Visit


Blessed with 7,107 islandsPhilippines is truly a convergence of various cultures. People from different regions have their own ways of celebrating gratitude for great harvest and abundant blessings. These celebrations have been called festivals to give honor to their Patron Saint for the fruitful interventions.

This coming October, three festivals await everyone to grace: Hermosa Festival in ZAMBOANGALanzones Festival in CAMIGUIN and MassKara Festival in BACOLOD. I have never been into these places and have always wanted to visit these during festivals. If given a chance to witness one, I would choose Hermosa Festival in ZAMBOANGA.  


Why do I want to experience and join Hermosa Festival?

First, I want to explore Hermosa Festival. Of the three celebrations, Hermosa Festival seemed new to me. This got me excited to learn more of the festivity by joining it. I would love to see myself dancing together with the participants so happy and grateful. More so, with the thrills of regatta where every sailor gives all his strength to perform well during the race. How exciting it is to take a ride and be amazed with the colorful vintas and the aura of determination among contestants to win the competition.


Second, I want to probe the southern part of Mindanao by starting to learn the culture in Zamboanga. One day immersion or two would help me appreciate the way people live, what are their favorite foods as well as their practices of the tradition and norms. It would be a great experience for me to tour the city with so much gladness.


Lastly, I want to promote Zamboanga and the whole of Mindanao as great tourist destinations. I want to share the good news to everyone that Mindanao is a safe place to visit. With the experience I will have this October, I will be even prouder to encourage our fellows as well as foreigners to visit Zamboanga without mental reservations.

Indeed, Philippines is a land of festivals. Joining one celebration at a time is what I would love to fulfill. 

"Experience MassKara FestivalHermosa Festival and Lanzones Festival this October. Airphil Express flies daily to BACOLOD, ZAMBOANGA and CAGAYAN DE ORO from Cebu and Manila. Visit www.airphilexpress.com to book!

Photo Credits:
Google Images: Hermosa Festival in Zamboanga


Thank you so much. God bless :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wordpress Theme | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates | free samples without surveys